power of attorney at hospital

my neice just had a baby emergency c section and has some type of infection...she is now being taken to ICU for only 10percent oxygen...my neice is only 18 and is stoned on taradol and dilotted so my sister just today got power of attorney but they are not telling her anything! they dont know what is wrong with my neice her fingernailks were blue and she was given blood transfusions...we need answers! she has not been able to see her baby and she is just crying but we are immeadite family why cant they tell us something...what tests they are doing and so forth..why these tests take 24hrs...

auntshelley

Asked by auntshelley at 10:37 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Health

• They may not tell you, but they should tell your sister unless they aren't for certain what is going on themselves.
    Lizzys_mommy13

Answer by Lizzys_mommy13 at 10:40 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• The only person that really knows what's going on with your niece is your niece. She is 18 and considered an adult. I'm sure that she has the answers that the doctors need in order to treat her. I hope when they figure out what is wrong that she gets some type of rehabilitation.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 11:47 PM on Oct. 25, 2010