How do I get dd to use her sippy cup?

I am ebf and would like my 9 month old to start using her cup for water or juice every once in a while, but every time I give her the cup, she just chews on it. What should I do?

hotrockermama

Asked by hotrockermama at 10:45 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try a CamelBak. DS did the same thing, and the CamelBak has a bite valve. So she'll love it! She shouldn't have a problem adjusting to other cups later, I know my son didn't. It took a little work, but he got it down.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:50 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Put juice(diluted with water) in the cup. Just 4 ounces a day and get baby to try it that way. Eventually baby will learn. Be consistent. Take away all bottles. Don't give baby any choice but sippy.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 10:51 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• good question were trying too but hes almost 6 months if he is real thirsty he drinks a lil ,likes to chew on it too i guess just keep giving it to him eventually he will get it.
    MichelleBabyBoy

Answer by MichelleBabyBoy at 11:06 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• just put the good stuff (juice) in the sippy cup. eventually your baby will realize that the good stuff is in the cup. this worked for both of my girls.
    kmjsmommy12345

Answer by kmjsmommy12345 at 11:26 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Maybe she's just not ready.
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 12:04 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• just keep giving it eventually she will understand that there is something coming out of it...for now she just want to teeth on it....and this is how babies check things out...straight to the mouth...lol
    lechnermomof4

Answer by lechnermomof4 at 12:13 PM on Oct. 26, 2010