Halloween?

Does the state you live in have a age limit for trick or treaters? I heard on the news today that here in Oklahoma City, OK if you are over 12 yrs old you are now aloud to trick or treat and if your over 16 and caught you will be fined up to $100. I think that is a bit ridiculous if you ask me!

patsymay84

Asked by patsymay84 at 10:50 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Holidays

• If there is, I don't know anything about it. But my son is 3, so nothing I need to be concerned about yet.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 10:53 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I haven't heard any such thing around here. Frankly, I'd rather the 12 and up crowd come and ask me for candy than pull pranks or get into even worse trouble. Trick or treating is a fun and innocent past time. :)
    nytefae

Answer by nytefae at 10:56 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I agree. Oh please. If that is the worst thing they are doing then we are ahead of the game.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 10:57 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• No such law in my state.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 11:00 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Oh weird. I haven't, but that's just weird!
    fluppyducky

Answer by fluppyducky at 11:12 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I heard about it like 5 yrs ago but no fine just an age limit at 16. I think 12 is to young. They are pushing them to grow up to fast. I rather give out candy to the 13 to 16 than to have them running the streets getting into trouble. And some kids look older then their real age. I say Its not fair! I went trick or treating when I was 15 and pregnant!LOL
    mymestey

Answer by mymestey at 11:13 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I've never heard of an age limit around here, although most kids stop on there own around 12 or 13 years old here. In some areas you see some older teens trick or treating.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 11:36 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I don't see a problem with younger teens trick or treating. I think that's a dumb thing to limit lol.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:39 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Sounds stupid to me. Sorry if I offend, but I would rather the teens be doing THIS than getting into trouble.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:45 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I have never heard of an age limit, but I would rather that 16 year old ask me for candy now than TP it later!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 5:48 AM on Oct. 26, 2010