do u have hard to treat acne?

i keep getting these pimples that last for over a week, no matter what i do to treat them. i try steaming them, putting a mask on, spot treatment from clean and clear. and i wash my face daily. i dont have the money to go to a dermatoligist right now. so what do u do to treat those nasty things?

Phippsandrea

Asked by Phippsandrea at 11:07 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Health

• I use Murad. I got it from Sephora. I don't know how much you have to spend on your skincare products, and they can be on the high side if you get the whole system, but that has worked for me better than anything I've ever tried, and it lasts a long time. If you go into a Sephora store, you can get samples of all of it to try it first. That's free. The moisturizer is very light, and I've never been able to use moisturizer b/c it made me break out more. This one really seems to help keep my skin under control. Good luck. I know how it feels to have skin you wish was clearer.
    mugsysmommy

Answer by mugsysmommy at 11:10 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• My son does and he is on an antibiotic and 2 lotions to keep it under control. You may not have acne, it could be roseca. I had, what I thought was acne that wouldn't go away no matter what I did and it wasn't acne but roseca. Got the meds for roseca and it went away within a few weeks.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:10 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I tried everything from pro active to natures cure pills.... the best I found was clean and clear that has like 10% benzol which is the strongest amount for over the counter. Walmart should have or local grocer. Also There is cystic acne hard to get rid of. Dont dry out your face and work on stress levels. Most of mine cleared when my stress was gone. If you were makeup that may be a big cause as well. Plus menstrating... GL
    mymestey

Answer by mymestey at 11:30 PM on Oct. 25, 2010