What is the best place to buy used books?

I have received a little bit of money for my birthday, which I am sending in a few directions, but I've decided to spend some of it on buying a stack of all the parenting books I REALLY want to read. Buying them all new would be too expensive, is amazon the best place for used? Or do you know a great, hidden treasure used book site?

Bellarose0212

Asked by Bellarose0212 at 11:13 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Shopping

• Amazon is great, but the shipping kills.
    Sometimes, BAM and B&N have great deals on their clearance shelves, I get alot of great reads there.

Our library has a used book store that is awesome, you might check into yours.
    Ask on your local Freecycle, you might be surprised what you get for free/cost of pickup.
    LadyCash

Answer by LadyCash at 1:36 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Look for a used bookstore in your area. Half Price Books is a great store if there is one in your area and no shipping to have to pay.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:15 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• bookdepository is a really good site but I don't know if they sell any used books.. The new books are not very expensive though.. I buy my novels for 6-7 bucks!
    lovemytwinsters

Answer by lovemytwinsters at 11:15 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Goodwill, other Thrift Shops.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:19 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Ebay has always been good for me
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:19 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• you could check your local thift store, and maybe ebay, sometimes you can find good prices w/ free shipping.
    kmjsmommy12345

Answer by kmjsmommy12345 at 11:19 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Apart from our tiny, practically worthless used bookstore, I get mine from Amazon and Ebay. I've always gotten really great deals there. The only problem with the online thing is the shipping cost. Most of the books I've gotten from Amazon have been less than the shipping.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:21 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Sometime libraries hold monthly sales give them a call. Check the yellow pages in your town for used book stores. As well as thrift stores.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:22 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Garage sales!
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 12:12 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Also, check out paperbackswap.com I hear lots of good things about it.
    LadyCash

Answer by LadyCash at 1:37 AM on Oct. 26, 2010