scented candles

To the people that burn candles for the fragrance, what are your faves? (brands & fragrances), & do you buy them at the store, online, or both? How much do you normally pay for them? I've tried a few different brands myself. Have you found a certain brand or fragrance & will never go back?! We're having a casual atmosphere special occasion at our house next month, & want the house to smell wonderful!

hunnybunch

Asked by hunnybunch at 11:59 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Home & Garden

• you could just bake some cookies for the occasion. ;) Or add some cinnamon sticks to some water on the stove and boil it for awhile.
    I LOVE Yankee candles. Anything in the fall collection would be perfect for now. They are a bit pricier, but the scents smell good, not cheap. You may be able to find some online on sale. They have some pumpkin jar ones in the $20s. yankeecandle.com
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 12:42 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I don't do candles usually, b/c all the ones I find don't seem to have much scent to them. I burn incense sticks. I love pretty much all of them, but especially jasmine or vanilla.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:59 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I love candles scented or non but I do say that most candles smell the same when they burn..lol.. I like incense too but they have a really strong spell and leave ash behind so i burn one at least 2-3 times before it done.. I buy cheap candles Dollar Store, family dollar.. I buy the big ones they last longer I also have that glade candle oil thing it smells nice it burns like a candle but puts out a smell like an incent stick..I also use oil burners last longer than candles..Mostly aromatherapy and stormmy nights those burn slower..

poohboo75

Answer by poohboo75 at 11:34 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Dreamers Candles. I'm not sure where to get them. My mother in law buys them for me every year for Christmas. My 2 favorites are "Gone Shopping" and "Baby Jesus"-- those are the scent names. They burn slow and make the whole house smell great. I know she orders them off line so maybe try googling them?

I also love Glade's Strawberries&Cream
    AndreaDawn1984

Answer by AndreaDawn1984 at 3:13 AM on Oct. 31, 2008