Anyone else with psoriasis...scalp? Treatment?

I have psoriasis, mostly on my scalp that isn't responding to medication(methotrexate, i also have psoriatic arthritis) and the T-gel coal tar shampoo doesn't work very well either. Its irritating and painful.

Anyone have any suggestions for treatment? Natural or other.

tntmom1027

Asked by tntmom1027 at 11:22 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Health

• my mom uses tea-tree oil
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 11:23 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• have you been to a dermatologist? i used to work for one and we used an xtrac laser it is painless and effective
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:45 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• tea tree oil is wonderful, I was told by my hair dresser/stylist to use it or any shampoo that has it as an ingredient anytime my dandruff broke out. Have you tried doing a hot oil treatment? my hubby has both psoriasis and eczema but does nothing for it and my 2 boys have it on their heads.....the cradle crap never went away essentially.....but I rub in baby oil to help moisturize it and break it down or whatever and then shampoo out....it works most times...have you tried head and shoulders yet?
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 12:11 AM on Oct. 26, 2010