Anyone ever sell Avon, pampered chef, etc?

I was thinking of selling something like that but i was wondering if its just a burden or is worth it?

sammyjoG

Asked by sammyjoG at 11:22 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Money & Work

• My friend sells Usborne books which are a lot of fun.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:24 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Avon doesn't pay a whole lot. There are upfront costs. You really have to know a ton of people to make any $. I don't know about pampered chef, but right now in this economy I don't know that it would be easy to sell anything.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 11:24 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• i sold pampered chef... its a great product. i love it... the big issue is getting started. u have to invest $250 in a kit. then u need to buy more products to show off. the more u have, the more u can cook, the more u can show and express personal ideas. i did it for about 6 months and overall lost about $200. but saying that, i only did a hand ful of shows. if ur serious and treat it like a full time job, u can make some major money. i plan on doing it again when i have more money and time.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 11:25 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• thanks :)
    sammyjoG

Comment by sammyjoG (original poster) at 11:27 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I've been a rep for a lot of the companies at one point or another. I am a rep for a company now. My advice , if you are thinking of selling, is to find a company that you like already. One that you absolutely love the product. If you like it , your customers can tell and you will be more successful. Most you can manage not to have an inventory, although depending on your client base you may want to have some of the product on hand for quick sales or last minute shopping. Good luck!
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 11:31 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I sell Scentsy and I love it! It cost me $99 to start up, and this is my fourth month and I have profited $625! It has not been hard to sell at all either!
    jasesmommy0529

Answer by jasesmommy0529 at 11:43 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I have sold Pampered Chef (years ago). I only sold for a short time since I was unable to get parties booked. I loved it and thought my commision that I made was good. It was great to see the UPS man pulling up and delivering new Pampered Chef products. I would love to do it again but do not have the resources to book parties, if you know plenty of people who know plenty of people I would try it. My husband refers to Pampered Chef as the Snap On Tools of cooking devices.
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 11:50 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I used to sell adult products and I loved it! I made a little over 100 dollars at 1 party, I stopped selling for awhile due to uncontrollable circumstances but am getting back into it very soon, I miss it and love it!
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 12:07 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I sold Avon. But I spent more than I earned lol. Have been thinking of trying it again.
    berrysweetmamma

Answer by berrysweetmamma at 1:17 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I tried selling as well. I also found myself spending unnecessary money. I now work from home, and I love it! I am a stay at home Mommy to my 3 year old son, and 19 month old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Weekly pay! Free website, training, and unlimited support!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!
    Visit my website:
    www.OurCEOMom.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 3:56 AM on Oct. 26, 2010