Do you think that what you are experiencing and feeling while pregnant can effect your unborn child and imprint on their Genetics?

Roadfamily6now

Asked by Roadfamily6now at 11:36 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I know studies say that it can, but I dont know, I am kind of torn on the subject...I suppose so, but in the end i think it really just comes down to their genetics.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 11:40 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I guess sometimes it could but then sometimes it doesn't.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 11:43 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Hm, i dont know. My oldest still rocks out to Chris LeDoux and i listened to him a LOT when i was pregnant with him! Lol!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 11:45 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

What would be reasons it could? Or couldn't?

Roadfamily6now

Comment by Roadfamily6now (original poster) at 11:46 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• i hope not ive had prettybad mood swings on occation
    landonsMOMMY500

Answer by landonsMOMMY500 at 11:48 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• You know, at first I didn't think so, but now I have had 3 children, and I believe that what you are experiencing emotionally can have an effect on your unborn child. leaving an imprint on their genetics? That I don't believe. Whether or not you inherit a pysical trait or characteristic of a parent's personality is going to happen through your DNA, and I don't think there is much you can do about that! However, think of the emotional part this way. Have you ever walked into a room of people and you get this surge of energy, whether it is tension or elation? You get that feeling before you sometimes know what is actually happening. Plus, your hormones run through the course of your body; in which your baby is capsuled. To me, it seems logical that your unborn baby feels what you feel emotionally.However, that is just one of many opinions. Take many others, get educated on the subject, and form what you truly believe.
    proudmama3x

Answer by proudmama3x at 11:57 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Genetics, no. Personality, maybe so.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:18 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I think it depends...I think physically yes....drug addicts, smokers, alcoholics....many of them have children who have the same addictions as them....mentally, yes.....if there is a mental disease, most are hereditary.....many things are more genetic that what people tend to think....we just don't have the techniques, abilities and sciences to discover how exactly its all linked....but its kinda like with pets, if you are upset your pet will try and console you....I think while pregnant your child feels the same thing you do, how can they not they are inside you feeding off you in every aspect that makes you human.
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 1:42 AM on Oct. 26, 2010