How can I get my 18 mo. old on a sleep schedule when I'm the only one who believes in consistency around here?

My two older sons I've never had a problem getting them to sleep, even prior to 1 yr. of age. I would simply tell them it was night-night time, we'd say our good nights (to the house, the toys, etc.), and I would put them in their crib (no night-light), tell them sweet dreams, and that was it! I would then have a little time for me before heading to bed. Now, my 18 mo. old daughter has to fall asleep downstairs on the floor before I can put her in her crib usually around 1 a.m.!! Her dad REFUSES to help with this situation. From the time she was around 5 mos. old he would let her fall asleep how she wanted, ran to her every beck and call or cry/whimper, and she has daddy wrapped around her finger. There have been nights when he's not around and she will go to sleep a lot easier and with less grief for me, BUT when he's around.... Please, please, please someone give me a hint of hope!! thanks for listening

proudmama3x

Asked by proudmama3x at 11:39 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• stand your ground and keep the schedule going in the end you will be happy.. don't let others take charge in that cause in the end you will lose the will power to do so.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 11:43 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• little ones NEED schedules and consistency. It's gonna be hard for the first week but put her in the crib and let her cry...after a few days she will get used to it.
    JulesMommy1008

Answer by JulesMommy1008 at 11:10 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• You need to regain control of the way you raise your child. You need to have a serious conversation with your SO about what you want, and how it will be done. And if he cant help, tell him that he just needs to take a back seat then, so you can do what you need to get this done.

You only have one chance to raise your child. There is no "redo" button. So if it is that imprtant to you, be straight up with everyone. Be respectful, but make sure they know you mean business.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 3:43 PM on Oct. 27, 2010