Where to take toys too ?

I have recently cleaned out my daughters toys box trying to get ready for christmas and I am looking an idea for where we could take them or maybe how she can do something special for a family that may not be able to provide for their family. If you have any suggestions please let me know so She can takes these toys and learn what it means to give the gift of giving. Thanks so much for all your help.

Asked by kyrasmomma0716 at 12:05 AM on Oct. 30, 2008 in General Parenting

• Is there a shelter for women and children nearby? An orphanage? You might call them and offer too..

Answer by Serafyna at 1:22 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• good will

the toy donations for Christmas gifts for underprivileged families generally require a toy to be new and in it's packaging...

Answer by flutterfae at 12:07 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• We take ours to a local women and children's shelter.

Answer by scratch_n_sniff at 6:46 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I agree with the the women's shelter. You can also call the department of human services that handle foster care and offer the toys to them. I am a foster mom and these kids sometimes come with absolutely nothing but one dirty outfit. The ladies at DHS take donations down at the building and allow them to pick things like a blanket, a book, an outfit, a couple toys...something that will be theirs when they go to their new home. It is great, and I don't think many people know about this.

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:53 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• good will, churches. Just call before you go. Some places want new toys in the box. Maybe a day care? If you used one, you can probably donate to that center.

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Oct. 30, 2008