does your baby/child have a set bedtime?

My daughter is almost 9 months (on the 29th) and she does not have a set bedtime. She is usually in the bed by 1030, but it's already almost 12am, and she still won't go to bed.

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 11:44 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes, since birth I have always put my children to bed at 8 pm..of course in early infancy that is hard, but i made that consistant and it works out great for us. I love having a set bed time.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 11:46 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• i try to have my 14 month old ds in bed no later than 8:30 but that never works and my 4 y/o dd by 9 but it's about to be earlier just to get her ready for school
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:46 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• My 5 year old is in bed by 8 on school night, 10 or 1030 on saturdays. My 10 months old is in bed between 845 and 930 every night!
    jasesmommy0529

Answer by jasesmommy0529 at 11:47 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• 5 year old goes to bed at 8:30 unless its weekend and he goes to bed later those nights. dd is 2 and a half and she has a general time frame but not set in stone, she has nowhere to be in the morning lol. No school or work, lucky little girl!!!!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 11:50 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• my five year old and three year old both go to bed at 8:30 every night.
    kmjsmommy12345

Answer by kmjsmommy12345 at 11:51 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• i once did have a set time for my son but that went out the door when i moved into my in laws house... and now it's whenever and if he also takes a nap or not. on the weekends it's no big deal to me but come the week day and i have to wake up early yeah cause then i wake up really tired... but i'd say really try to get your dd on a set bed time it will help you in the long run.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 11:53 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• my 3 year old has always been in bed by 8:00. sometimes on the weekends she can stay up til 9:00 if we're watching a movie or playing a game but she is on a set schedule throughout the week.
    AirForceWife85

Answer by AirForceWife85 at 11:59 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• By 9 months old, definitely. 9pm was her bedtime then and it still is now when she's 4-1/2.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:01 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• my dd has an approximate time for bed lol. since she was about 5 months (she's 9 mons now) i have given her a baby food dinner around 7, then a bath and straight to bed. there are sometimes that she doesnt fall asleep right away, especially in the beginning, but consistency is key. keep it up and her internal clock will adjust.
    hotrockermama

Answer by hotrockermama at 12:15 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Yes. My daughter has had a set schedule for her day since she was 3 months old. She goes to bed between 7 and 9 everynight. Usually it is more aroun 730-8, which is fine. But we do not let her stay up past 9. At nine, we bath her and put her to sleep. Even if she doesnt appear to be tired, she usually falls right asleep.
    Consistancy is eveything! And I know it is so hard to hear them cry, but your baby isnt hurt or anything, just upset. She will be fine. And in the end it is sooo much easier to have a baby on a schedule. You know what to expect from her all day and you can plan your life knowing when she will be tired, hungry.. etc. Not just go and hope she acts ok, or doesnt get tired.
    Its really hard at times, but completely worth it in the end.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 12:21 AM on Oct. 26, 2010