in love with another man

I am married But only because I had kids and we thought we were suppose to. Truth is, I'm not in love with my drunk husband who is never there. I'm in love with another man. Whatn do i do? How do I be responsible about this? Should I compromise my happiness and let the man of my dreams leave? What do i do. Be gentle and don't be judgemental

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• if you're not happy and not in love with your hubby and he isnt either, why do you stay with him? why not get a divorce?
    kmjsmommy12345

Answer by kmjsmommy12345 at 11:47 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• What is the first step? How do I begin this process? Wish I knew someone who has been there
    LiviandEmmysMom

Answer by LiviandEmmysMom at 11:49 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• if your marriage isn't what it should be ie. happy, then go be with who makes you happy. Do what you have to do with the kids, take them leave them whatever, every situation is different, but if you aren't happy, your kids are not getting the best mommy they can be getting. THEY come first.
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 11:50 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Your kids will be affected either way. By the split up of their parents or by the unhappiness of their parents. If your unhappy than leave...but only if it cant be fixed. But dont do it for another guy. Do it for you and your kids. And take time before moving on.... or your kids may resent you! Just my oppinion though. GoodLuck.
    mymestey

Answer by mymestey at 11:51 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I think that at the time you married because of your kids but your heart isnt there anymore. If I were you I would talk to your husband and if you cant work things out then you should not be togehter just for your children. I think that you can raise children with their father seperately, but if you love someone else you should be with him. In the long run if you stay with your husband and you are not happy you will regret not knowing what could of been with the man that you do love. Follow your heart! Good Luck!
    melissac9903

Answer by melissac9903 at 11:52 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Htmommy- thank u. I find myself yelling at the kids cuz im not happy. It's not their fault I'm so stressed I take it out on them. I wish I had somebody to talk to.
    LiviandEmmysMom

Answer by LiviandEmmysMom at 11:53 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• IMHO, if you do not love your husband, then do not stay with him. Staying together "for the children" never made sense to me because children can see how unhappy their unhappy parents are. Just be sure that you don't do anything with this other man until you end the relationship with your current man.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:00 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Thanks to all the moms responded to my question I know this is the most complicated thing I've ever been through. I won't be smart about it I'm so scared of change. I know in my heart I was never really in love with my husband. We fight more than anyone should fight. There is a lot to the story then I can probably explain. All I know is there is a man from my past who is now come back and my life. I love him with all my heart and I know that he is the 1 I should be with
    LiviandEmmysMom

Answer by LiviandEmmysMom at 12:01 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• If you know that you were not in love with your husband from day one; you should divorce so that you can reclaim your life back and be happy again.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 12:12 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• All I can say is it is better for your kids to be from a broken home than live in one, I dont like the idea of divorce but I understand you need to be happy so if you have tried everything to make this relationship work and it still isnt then it is time to let it go. best wishes!
    raurismomma07

Answer by raurismomma07 at 12:20 AM on Oct. 26, 2010