Do you go all out on your childs first birthday party?

If so, what are some things you do?

jasesmommy0529

Asked by jasesmommy0529 at 11:50 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i did with my first child but realized it was a waste of money so i had a small simple party for my second child
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:51 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Nope. We just had a small party with both sets of grandparents and other close family. We had cake and presents. She loved it.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:53 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• my son was born in may so we went to a local town park that has a big pavillion and grills and a park and fields to play, and had a big party. we had a cook out, had some games, footballs, a pinata. decorated with yo gabba gabba, spongebob, and blue 1st bday decorations. it was definatly not a waste of money! we all had so much fun and i took many pictures and will have those memories to look back on forever as well as showing my son one day when hes a big boy.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:54 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I go all out on EVERY child's bday. We decorate to the hills. Have a proffessional character cake, presents to the ceiling, games, treats, etc. The bday girl/boy has a bday outfitt too. Like dd will get a pretty dress to wear and ds will get a nice shirt and pants. This year I am going to try my hardest to get ds an inflatable party indoors at a place that does parties. The theme is different every year, depending onwhat the child is interested in. This year it will be Mickey Mouse Clubhouse("come inside its fun inside. M-i-c-k-e-y-M-o-u-s-e".)
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 11:55 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I do just because I almost died after he was born and so it is to celebrate both our lives really..sure sounds corny but it means alot that we both are around for another birthday and I do go all out, why not? he is my boy, I can't have another....
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 11:59 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• oh and it is always at McDonalds playplace..it is cheaper then having it at home and theres no mess for me
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 12:00 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• We didn't. Her birthday is in the beginning of February and we live in Ohio, so there was snow...lots of it...when she turned 1.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:02 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• My now 6 year olds first b-day party was very big 72 people.I did a 3 tier cake and games for the older kids. I also did party bags for all the different age groups.
    sher701

Answer by sher701 at 1:07 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• i didnt with my first, we just had a small family party, but with my second for some reason we did, it could have to do with that he was born mid july compared to early march, so it was perfect outdoor bbq weather anyways.
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 9:40 AM on Oct. 26, 2010