is there any specific order that baby teeth come in?

my son is only 3 months but it looks like he is cuttin teeth on the top... his eye teeth and one of his back on the top and it looks like one on the bottom front. is it normal for them to be be teething this young? could it be something else?

lilae86

Asked by lilae86 at 11:52 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son got his first tooth at 4 months old, he got his two bottom first, then two top. He now has 10 teeth and is 10 months old.
    I think every baby is different and they all get them at different times.
    jasesmommy0529

Answer by jasesmommy0529 at 11:54 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• the front bottom 2 come first them the front top 2 come next
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 11:57 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• My daughter started getting her teeth at 5 months old. Like the PP, she got her 2 bottom middles in and then two top middles.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:58 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• There is an average but not all kids follow them. A back tooth is very rare so keep an eye on that one- if he has crowding he will need braces one day so start saving now! lol
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 12:01 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Generally speaking they get either the top or bottom 2 central incisors first, then the opposite set of central incisors. Then either top or bottom lateral incisors, then the opposite set of lateral incisors. (so they have the front 8 teeth first). And then its the 1st set of molars. A set on top and a set on bottom, doesnt matter what side first. (there are 4 first molars, so by now baby has 12 teeth). And then the canines top and bottom (there are 4 so its up to 16 teeth) and then last its the 2 year molars top and bottom. There are 4 total. Grand total of 20 teeth :)
    My son got his first tooth at 7 months. They were the bottom 2 central incisors.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:06 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• my son got his first tooth (bottom) at 4 months, 2 weeks later got his second bottom tooth, 2 weeks after that got his 3rd bottom. now he's cutting in his top two at the same time, AND his bottom 4th is coming in as well.
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 9:20 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• It is normal my four kids took different routes on the teeth that came in first! Just be patient once they start coming in like that all of them will be in in no time
    mfour42

Answer by mfour42 at 12:29 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Most babies I've known have gotten their bottom two first, then their top two, then others in different orders.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:30 AM on Oct. 27, 2010