How long does it take to really become comfortable with the 'single mom' life?

Ex was already married less than 18 months after our split. He barely takes care of his biological child but his wifes 2 kids are perfect in his eyes. Just found out she is pregnant and it still hurts. I am working, and trying to go to school. It's like no matter how hard I try, I'm just not good enough.

smltwngrl22

Asked by smltwngrl22 at 12:00 AM on Oct. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• I am sorry to hear that. I am wondering the same. My hubby and I have only been seperated a month and I do everything to keep my mind off of him, but then nighttime rolls around and here I am cant sleep without him. I know time heals... but when I dont know. You can add me as a freind if you want we can cheer eachother on or something. lol
    melissac9903

Answer by melissac9903 at 12:05 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Time does help for sure. I love when I can pass a milestone- of any sort. First month. Our anniversary. The day our wedding was planned. Him getting married. Now her being pregnant. I just hate that I still let my emotions get to me.
    smltwngrl22

Comment by smltwngrl22 (original poster) at 12:11 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Aw Moms be strong. I know it is easier said than done, but support eachother and if you need an ear, mine is available.
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 12:20 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I know i cant tell you how to think but dont ever feel like you are not good enough, you are mom and moms are more important than anything in this world, your baby loves you unconditionally and you are going to school and taking care of your child I think that deserves a pat on the back, as far as he goes what goes around truly comes around and he may seem happy but is probably miserable, as far as your baby, i know you want a father for your child but I'd rather have no father than a father whose an asshole so its for the better as long as you do the best you can and you love your baby and baby loves you thats all that matters
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 12:23 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I think in general it depends on the person and what their needs are....if you don't want to be used to the single life you won't be and will be looking for someone or something to keep you busy. I did this...but my ex and my relationship had been strained to say the least for awhile before I left with our 6 month old. Then when he burned me for the last time, I moved on right then and there. I started dating and was with my now hubby by the time my son was 14 months old. I am not a single person I never have been. I am needy I know that. One of my bestfriends however, loves being single, even though she has 2 kids, 2 different dads, doesn't matter to her, she doesn't like the idea of being tied down. She was married and when her ex became abusive, she dealt with it until he turned on their son and she left. She doesn't appreciate monogamy and all it has to offer. So essentially to each their own. It'll fall into place
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 1:50 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I don't really care for the single status, per say, but I do love how independent I feel. That is, until I get those silly feelings hurt again by him moving on. With the things going on in my life, I really don't feel like I have time to date right now. I prefer that my free time be spent with my son, a guy I KNOW will always love me. I just hate that I still get hurt by what the ex does. I know I can't change him, just wish I didn't care.
    smltwngrl22

Comment by smltwngrl22 (original poster) at 11:12 AM on Oct. 26, 2010