Has anyone had any real success on Craigslist? What about FB?

I've been advertising on Craigslist for my home based business and haven't gotten anywhere with it though I have gotten several calls and a few people at my house. I'm curious about Facebook, but it costs to advertise. Dh keeps telling me most people on Craigslist are not really serious when they rmail or call. I even had one try to scam me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Money & Work

• Are you selling or looking for people to take part in your business? Craigslist is hit or miss most times and I know alot of people that advertise on FB and don't pay. But they do it through their personal page or a fan page.
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 12:05 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I have a business profile on FB and it doesn't cost me anything, and I am successful with it. I really connected with my clients as a human being not spam. Craigslist is hit and miss, but I have built a great clientele from both.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:05 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Not sure how to advertise on FB and have people actually SEE it. I don't have many FB friends and my business is only used for local people. I'm not tech savy!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:08 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• You're DH is right, and my experience is if you want something from your business then you need to put something into it. So, look into advertising even if you have to pay for it. I found a couple of shops that I go to through FB.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 12:11 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• any idea how much it costs on FB to advertise?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:14 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• we are addicted to Craigslist lol. I don't no about fb but you should be able to fined out by going to there site.
    bucky77

Answer by bucky77 at 1:19 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Craigslist usually doesn't result in anything other than spam.

FB ads do cost money but you can target your audience more. If it works like other online advertising, you set your own budget per day and the ad stops showing after you reach your daily budget.

Some other things you should do are set up a Merchant Circle profile and a LinkedIn profile.  Both are free and both will bring you a higher quality of people than Craigslist.  You might also want to set up a Twitter page and a blog.

If you're looking for some business advice, support and networking, I invite you to join my business group Mommy Movers & Shakers.  

HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:47 PM on Oct. 26, 2010