Did you do anything to prevent or fade stretch marks and it works?

Did you do anything to prevent or fade stretch marks and it works? like for pregnancy?

Thank you

sammyjoG

Asked by sammyjoG at 12:05 AM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I changed the way I thought about them. I see them as beautiful reminders of the special, sacred time during which my children and I shared a body. I see them as a sign that I am a healthy, vibrant, fertile woman capable of carrying healthy babies to term. I see them as the wisdom that has been handed down to my body through all the generations of women who birthed before me.

You can't prevent or get rid of stretch marks, so says science. All you can do is see them for what they are and stop trying to have the same body you did when you were 17. You are a beautiful WOMAN now, and stretch marks are beautiful too.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:10 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• thats touching! thank you :)
    sammyjoG

Comment by sammyjoG (original poster) at 12:13 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I love that thinking ati! that is great I will probably share it the next time I have a friend who makes a bad comment about them. With both of my pregnancies I currently and previously used baby oil after my shower from my thighs up to and including my breasts then in the morning since I usually get my showers at night I used Palmers cocoa butter. I don't have any stretch marks yet, knock on wood I am only 5 months along this time but I had good luck with that routine last time and my mom did good with just the baby oil.
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 1:18 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• they are hereditary and the creams don't work......its because they aren't going to get them....it caused from your skin stretching too fast...the creams don't work bc they cannot physically absorb deep enough into your skin layers that are effected by the stretching. the ONLY thing that will help is staying hydrated....if you drink atleast the minimum your skin will be soft and supple from the inside....not the other way around....people swear by creams and lotions, but they only effect the top few layers of skin....remember that...if they didn't get stretch marks its because their genes said so, not because of lotions
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 1:35 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Yes i use vanilla cream in a tub, from bath and body. i have 7 kids and people ask all the time how did i do it with out stretch marks.
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 10:16 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• No. Nothing worked for me. I used that stupid cocoa butter everyday of my pregnancy. At about 30 weeks the stretch marks started to show. By my due date I looked like freddy krueger got to me. I used bio-oil after for about 4 months and it only lightened them, but they are still there, enough to where I won't even let my sister or mom see them.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 10:55 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I am currently 17weeks preg. on my 4th and I only have a few stretch marks on my thighs..I use Bio oil..it works great!!
    3beautbabies

Answer by 3beautbabies at 11:57 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• You can get bio oil at walgreens and also the ones I have on my thighs are colorless and very hard to see:) Hope it helps!
    3beautbabies

Answer by 3beautbabies at 11:58 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I agree with Ati (most days anyway lol) I got stretch marks from hip to hip and pubic line to navel last pregnancy, and they didn't fade. My skin stretched really far really fast because I started showing all at once. Same story this time around. For me it's hereditary- staying hydrated didn't work (I was drinking 80 ounces a day at the beginning, lotion gets rid of the itch but not the marks. I just remind myself that they are a sign of what my body is capable of, and when that doesn't work I talk to DH and he goes on and on about how much he loves my stretch marks, how wonderful they are, etc. THAT makes me feel good :)
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 4:18 PM on Oct. 26, 2010