A question on family and memorials 2nd question....

I don't want to go because I have been asked to stand up and speak to say something about my Father.
I don't know how to begin...

tryin2BGOOD

Asked by tryin2BGOOD at 12:05 AM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• Sorry your father passed.

Just let someone else go first, then go ahead and speak to get it over with. Talk about something you remember from childhood or from learning to drive or something you miss...
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 1:10 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• if i had to do i would my dad died 1997 at age 91yrs he was my best friend where he went as child i follow him .he made my first skipping rope out of binder twine he braid it by hand ,some time we as adults forget the things our father does for us ,the twinkle in his eyes when you walked in to room laughter you brought to him ,the tears of joy when enter in his life they may be small to some but big to you ,think of all good things he done for you and let every one there no how a big man roar like lion but pussy cat in life in end you feel better and it will help you heal
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:10 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• When my grandpa died I was heartbroken, I was his little canary bird (I sing) and we were asked to speak at the funeral....I couldn't do it, BUT i wrote down my thoughts and what I wanted to say and the pastor who did the service read it and anyone else's that couldn't bare to do it. I couldn't even hear what I had written bc it was the finalization of saying good bye....I am sorry for your loss, it does get better.......eventually. Just get out a blank page and a pen, and put them together....it'll come out, let whatever you want to say flow onto that paper
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 1:30 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Don't do it and don't let other people's expectations make you feel like you have to do ANYTHING that you don't want to do. You and everyone else grieves in their own way. You are grieving and should only do what you want to do. I have no obligation to speak during the service. You can talk to your father or pray about him or do nothing at all, but you don't have to do anything publicly.
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 3:44 PM on Oct. 28, 2010