2nd part,,,What if you also have run the garbage disposal at the same time as the dishwasher??

Sorry, I'm talking to him on the phone and typing. So now he's like he has to run the garbage disposal at the same time as the dishwasher. If not he was told there would be air in the line and somehow cause the disposal not to work properly. So he's asking me how long to run the disposal. This is some BS landlord in Hawaii screwing with a young military man. His lease is up in Feb and is going to wait it out. But with all of these problems I'm thinking he needs to move.

Danni143

Asked by Danni143 at 12:12 AM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I presume by your questions, that your brother does not live in HI and it is NOT military housing?

Sounds like the slumlord needs to do some work on his housing. I would see if your state has a tenant hotline or something. Call your capital if you have to, they'll point you in the right direction to find out what rights he has as a tenant. Knowledge is power. Read the laws!

As for the dishwasher, it sounds like a piece of crap put in with bad plumbing. My gear head hubby says that that means the motor should be replaced anyway and a good one would not seize up. So the other tenants have to do the BS too?
    donnareedonLSD

Answer by donnareedonLSD at 12:40 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Never Ever heard of having to do that!
    jasesmommy0529

Answer by jasesmommy0529 at 12:14 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• im not sure why you would be told to do this. sounds fishy to me. yet you should be able to but not have to.
    RoseWall

Answer by RoseWall at 12:20 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• That is dumb and tell him to talk to his CO and find housing!
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 12:22 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• FISHY!

Have him look up Hawaii's landlord/tenant laws and help him find a way out of his lease.
    I don't care where or who they are, that's some F'd up $h!t
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:50 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• That means that the dishwasher doesn't drain correctly!! He should just not use the dishwasher. If it is just one living in the apartment - just hand wash the dishes and let the next tenant deal with the dishwasher/disposal.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:51 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• actually, our military housing also said torun the disposal asyou turn on the dishwasher. It really is true!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:20 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• thanks i told him all of the suggestion that were given and hopefully the landlord will do something. he is in hawaii and not living on base so hopefully his co can help him find something else.

Danni143

Comment by Danni143 (original poster) at 9:33 PM on Oct. 26, 2010