when should he crawl?

my son is almost 8 months old now and he isnt even attempting to move himself forward in any way. the most he does is gets on his hands and knees. he can roll over and sit up by himself but when he gets into position to crawl, he falls face first into the floor and wont even move his hands in front of him to catch himself. is this normal?

zdmj31908

Asked by zdmj31908 at 12:15 AM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• its normal. My son is 7 moths old and he has not started crawling. but he has started litle bit. you will have to put some efforts forthis. move his hands and knees forward to teach him crawling. some baby directly walk instead of crawling. my niece didnt crawl. she started walking after sitting uprite.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• My son is 9 months old & also has no interest in crawling. He's starting to pull up on things & constantly wants to be standing. He loves his walker & jump-n-go seat... He wants to be in those or sitting up playing, no crawling here! Some babies just don't crawl. It is better, however, if they DO crawl, for upper body strength. Just keep giving him plenty of tummy time & hopefully he'll find something out of reach that he really wants one day & he'll just go for it! Good luck!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 12:24 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• my daughter is 10m old and she just now started she hasn't even really got it down pat yet. give him time he will get it.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 12:24 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• all babies are different. my daughter started just before 6months and my son just hit 6 months and only does push ups and then cries b/c he didn't go anywhere
    CNLueck

Answer by CNLueck at 2:34 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• My son is nearly 8 month and hates being on his tummy. What can you do. They will get mobile in their own time. I try not to stress about it. He will do what pleases him and when. As long as he is happy and healthy Im happy!
    Shellmybells

Answer by Shellmybells at 5:22 AM on Oct. 30, 2008