game addiction it destroys families

my 56 yr old husband is putting me in thee worst of moods. I was sitting down watching tv and he comes in and stands in front of me and starts staring at his stupid online game,I was comfy and relaxed and he does this. He does the same thing at night he gets up turns on our bathroom light thats brighter than the noon day sun and doesnt shut it off,then he goes into the office and rolls around on the hardwood floor with his light on playing on that dam game again. This happens at all hours of the night,whats worse is when he gets back into bed he whips around and drags the blanket almost off me and squirms around in the bed. I told him its rude and disrespectful to disturb people while they are sleeping at night he doesnt care at all and he puts his game beer and stuf fhe cares about before everyone including his kids. I'm so ready to blow up I would love to delete his hames an dwipe out his pcs all three of them.

MarGeee

Asked by MarGeee at 12:19 AM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• What can I do ladies I'm so fed up with his behavior I've tried talking to him about it and nothing happens its in one ear out the other. AM I just being a nag and expecting too much nooooo I want him to stop acting like a child. He has put off me and the kids way to long.
    MarGeee

Comment by MarGeee (original poster) at 12:20 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• What would you say to your husbands would you leave if he didnt stop? WOuld you put up with it it just to keep the family together?
    MarGeee

Comment by MarGeee (original poster) at 12:22 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• what game?
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 12:25 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• its called MU its an online asian game that a brother from mass introduced to him,which by the way the same brother that introduced the games marriage fell apart because of this behavior and the fact that he was pouring money into it.
    MarGeee

Comment by MarGeee (original poster) at 12:27 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• hmmmm, I had this issue with my hubby actually over world of warcraft......he was obsessed after my brother introduced him to it. it got to the point where I was tired of yelling at him to get off and we talked about it and I joined up to see what the big deal was. I now play regularly but the big difference is the mommy gene......I can stop and drop it in the middle of WHATEVER I am doing and take care of the kids whereas he cannot. That is my biggest gripe. It's sounds like your hubby is being what you already said, rude and disrespectful. maybe its a midlife crisis he's dealing with, or just trying to ignore something he doesn't want to deal with? You know how he will react if you delete the accts so that is up to you, but I don't recommend it, I understand where you are coming from but, that can create alot more of an issue.
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 12:33 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• maybe setting a specific time thats ok for him to play? if he wants to act like a child treat him like one....also regarding the bathroom, why not put in a lower wattage bulb?
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 12:34 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• My hubby is on the verge of game addiction. It's scary sometimes. I'm very sorry for what you're going through :(
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:34 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• HTMommy, that's what we've done. My husband plays (where he can't drop everything in 10 minutes or less) 2 nights a week. He also plays sometimes when we have spare time, but he has to be able to get off in 10 minutes or less when he does that. It works very well for our family. He gets what he wants from the game and we get to see our husband/dad.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:36 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• thanks ladies I actually have the fluorescent bulbs in the bathroom vanity and have unscrewed all the bulbs but one but it still wakes me up he isnt in theleast bit quiet. Eveb my kids complain about him turning on the lights and making noise rolling his chair across the floor and they get up at 6 am they need their sleep.
    MarGeee

Comment by MarGeee (original poster) at 12:41 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• HTmommy I play wow to but rarely and take care of house and kids firstr and always! why cant men do that to?
    MarGeee

Comment by MarGeee (original poster) at 12:43 AM on Oct. 26, 2010