I feel like I'm not in control of my life.

I'm married to someone that's always makes my decisions for me I hate it. But I can't do anything I have kids.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• Have you tried to let him know that you want to do things another way? or you are a grow woman and can make your own decisions? I hope you work something out. No one deserves to be this unhappy! Good Luck
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:31 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Just b/c you have Kids doesn't mean you have to live a life where your husband makes all of your decisions- Your husband is being really Selfish & Ridiculous- You need to stand up to him & tell him that you are capable of making your Own Mind Up! Hope things get better for you soon!

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 12:39 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Have you tried having a calm conversation with him? Try not to be accusatory (otherwise, his walls will go right up), but just say, these are the things I want that I feel like I'm not getting. Am I being reasonable here? Even if it means writing out a contract with him and putting it on the fridge as a constant reminder. Tell him you welcome his input, and you two can write up something together that will make you both happy. Is he aware of this? Is he a controlling jerk, or is he just a control freak who ends up controlling you because he feels like he doesn't have control of anything else, but is loving otherwise? This makes a difference. I know it's harder to end a relationship with someone you have kids with, but if it needs to be done, it needs to be done, ya know? Best of luck to you! You deserve to be happy and make decisions!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:44 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• you need to stand up to him say hey honey i like your input once in while but it would be nice if you let me do it my way for change your kids will look up to you thats what you want right ,yes your hubby will be mad but he will get over it ,you are his partner not his child and he might just love you for it so try it won't hurt to try and good luck
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 12:49 AM on Oct. 26, 2010