canada!!!

im supposed to be going to canada for halloween... i bought a sexy costume and i lost my ID!!! someone told me i can use my old high school ID and my birth cert. to get to canada and just show the "bouncers" both and they will let me in.... has anyone heard of this???

wisteriastars

Asked by wisteriastars at 12:22 AM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Just for Fun

• You do NOT need a passport. I go there often. However you will not be allowed to cross the border without a valid id. They will send you to customs. You dont always need a birth certificate but they like to know you have it available for them to look at. The id has to be government issued, i tried to use a school id once bc my state id had expired, was not very fun, i didnt get in. Hope this helps!!
    Mommy_of_two_85

Answer by Mommy_of_two_85 at 12:30 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• um, i think you have to have a passport to get into Canada now...i think they passed that last year.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:24 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• you need a passport I believe...
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 12:25 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• thanks!!! i knew i didnt need a passport, and i didnt think a school ID would work thats why i asked!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Oct. 30, 2008