Bedtime and Potty Training

Okay here is the issue. My daughter does not like to go to sleep at a decent time.. I try to get her to but she just won't. She literally fell asleep probably ten minutes ago and its 11:50 P.M. her bed time is 9:00 P.M. She will play even though she is exhausted and take her diaper off a couple of times, used or not. I'm not sure what to do to get her to go to sleep.. Any suggestions?

Also she likes to take her diaper off all the time, and can even tell us when she pees or poops in her diaper.. Usually after she's peed once in her diaper she knows.. I know I need to start potty training her, but I don't know how to go about it.. First time going though this.. Any Suggestions?

She will be two in December.

ajc-08

Asked by ajc-08 at 12:55 AM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• For the potty training part, I totally recommend the 3 Day Method. We had wonderful success with it. I have the e-book if you're interested.
    As for the sleep, look for earlier signs of tired. With our son, as soon as he exhibits signs of tired (including rubbing eyes, crankiness, pink cheeks, glazed eyes, running around like a madman trying to stay awake, etc), I take him into his room where I have the blinds closed, lights out, and his sleep CD on, and we sit and snuggle in the rocker for a few minutes while he winds down. Books can help with the transition, too (let her pick them). Read the books in a hushed tone, without all the fun voices, and don't point out stuff you normally would, just read the words and turn the pages. Once you can feel that she's relaxed, get her into her bed. You can also try moving back her bed time 10 minutes at a time from when she normally goes to sleep. Move it back every few days. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:10 AM on Oct. 26, 2010