How do I get my husband to stop buying cars we don't need ?

sher701

Asked by sher701 at 1:02 AM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• well why is he buying cars if you don't need them? maybe you could sit down and talk to him and let him know that the money he is spending is best used elsewhere. just sit down and be honest with him about how you feel. i hope this helps. gl.
    kmjsmommy12345

Answer by kmjsmommy12345 at 1:10 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• men and their toys it started when he was young his mom bought his first car dinky and now he has moved up to bigger cars
    my much older brother has this problem ,just one more ,wow and that one well i just like the way it looked if he fix them then sells them great if they are hanging around the house around here you need plates for it to just sit in the drive way ,the best way go to the bank and get your name on his bank account .this way he can not buy other car unless you say yes my mom did this to my brother and it works
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:26 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• OMG, I'd kill him. You need to put your foot down, and tell him he needs to sell any in excess of what you need (YOU decide what you need). That sounds like a crazy expensive habit, and that's the last thing you need when you have kids! My hubby likes to buy computer ans technology stuff, but I like my shoes, so we keep it about even (well, I spend more...).
    If you have to cut him off from the finances, then do it. Put him on a budget. Who controls the money at your house? I think YOU should step in and take over that task, if that's what it takes.
    Good luck!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:58 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• If you all dont have the money for it then YES definatly put your foot down girl.Let him know that money could be used for the kids christmas gifts and also spent to pamper you. You need time for you so take that money he is using and do whatever you want and see how he likes it. And if you al got money to just buy cars just because hey i take donations sweetie.LOL no seriously tell him how you feel about and tell him atleast cut down on how many. Hope this helps and god bless you and your family.
    Mrs.Norris

Answer by Mrs.Norris at 3:04 AM on Oct. 28, 2010