i need to ask

has anyone got pregant at age 40

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• i've heard of stories where there's been people to do that.
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 1:05 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• My stepmom was 43 or so...
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 1:09 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• i just had a baby at 38 and was pregnant again at 39 both suprises ,im 40 in 6 weeks and im sure i could get pregnant again if we didnt use condoms...my partner is 50
    maymummy

Answer by maymummy at 1:11 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• yep im sure you can
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 1:17 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I had my 2nd DS at almost 39 after having a stroke at 36, so I can't see why not.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 1:21 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Yes. My mom got pregnant at 40 and at 41. The first pregnancy was twins but the pregnancy was very complicated because of the multiple pregnancy (nothing to do with her age) and she lost them at 19 weeks. The second was completely normal.

I will tell you that her doctor recommended something called Fertility Blend when she first started trying and said it would help protect against issues that can often affect women with advanced maternal age from the issues that can arise from it. He told her to chart her cervical mucus, cervical position and basal body temperature everyday without fail. He recommended the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility.

Then he told her that if she didn't get pregnant within 3 months to come see him. She got pregnant within 2 months both times.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• oh yes! It happens a lot! First time mom at 40? Good Luck!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:37 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• My MIL at 42 had a perfectly normal pregnancy and beautiful and healthy baby girl.
    I know another girl who got pregnant at 40 and had a healthy pregnancy and baby just last year!
    It certainly is possible! I like the recommendation about reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility as well as Fertility Blend as a supplement. We have been TTC for 4 months after a m/c and if the Maca we are both taking doesn't seem to help , then I am switching to Fertility Blend in the new year.
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 8:18 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Oh! I completely forgot about my neighbours friend who got pregnant for the 1st time this year and she is going to be 40 soon! Normal pregnancy, no problems Healthy baby boy!
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 8:19 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Yes. It's becoming more normal as women are taking better and better care of themselves.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 9:58 AM on Oct. 26, 2010