How do we know we're ready?

Hubby suddenly decided tonight that he wants to start trying to concieve a baby brother or sister for our almost 1 year old! I was kind of shocked he wanted to but it's also been kind of building up to it I think. Both of us have had baby fever since he got home from deployment. It calmed down a lot for me about a month ago and I just really didn't want to have one at all no exceptions. We had planned that we wouldn't try until our son was 2(in another year from now), just because we wanted to make sure our son was good to go and out of diapers by the time we had a new baby. But for about 3 days now I've had this calm, serene almost kind of feeling like I would be just fine if we had another baby right now. Financially, emotionally and physically I'm good other than occasional problems. Even my libido is picking up now like my body wants me to get prego again. Are we ready? What should we think of 1st beforehand?

Mrs.Pedro

Asked by Mrs.Pedro at 1:45 AM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• No one but you can decide whether you're ready. Ultimately, if you decide to go for it, you'll figure it out, ya know? You make it work. If you think you want to, I say go for it! Whatever you decide will be right, ya know? I know that doesn't help, but it's such a personal decision, and I say follow your heart. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:48 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• If you 100% sure that is what you want and you both have no doubts in your mind..Then i would say you are ready..As a mom who has 5 children and has 2 that are only 12 month aparts..I can tell you that it isn't very easy..I had three children in diapers at one time..But I managed and it was totally worth it. Now they are the best of friends and I couldn't imagine having one without having the other..Its true the closer in age that you have them the closer they turn out to be.. Good luck with whatever you decide!!
    carterclan02

Answer by carterclan02 at 1:51 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• There's never a ready IMO. We're due with our 4th in four years soon and I'm definately not ready for that- but I can cope with it and I can love the baby and give it a good home. As long as you think you can do those things then you're fine :)
    CaledonianCutie

Answer by CaledonianCutie at 1:52 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Having two in diapers would put a strain on you trying to be attentive to the new born and a toddler and soon to be school age. You might want also to find out of your 1 year is around other infants to see how he would react to a new born. When there is no doubt in your mind, then is when you can consider trying to a little one. Good luck in trying to make a major decision. =]
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:33 AM on Oct. 26, 2010