Do you ever feel like you are being pulled 10 different directions?

1. my dh says I don't give him enough loving ( I do try)
2. my kids say I don't spend time with them and if I do they are not happy bc I get tired and I have to stop playing so they say I am a boring mommy (only bc they are not having fun with anymore they are trying make me feel guilty) but I know they love me.
3. my dogs 2 goldens need me too
4. I have a cat she needs me also.
5. The house needs me...lol ( housework) all that comes with it.

I know I am not the only one going through I do have my me times but when I don't it seems like 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 come at me like a ton of bricks. thanks ladies just venting away.
I would not trade this for all the money in the world (priceless)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Oh, honey, you are not alone! We're MOMS and WIVES! Of course we're pulled in so many directions! I can SO relate!
    DH feels neglected, in the bedroom and out.
    DS doesn't get enough of my time.
    The poor cat is TOTALLY neglected.
    I'm a student in the process of applying to universities, meanwhile taking classes (finishing up a study session right now), so I have an exam tomorrow, an essay due Sunday, and an entrance exam next Thursday I have to travel for.
    My house is a DISASTER.
    I'm taking over a mom's group I've been a member of for 2 1/2 years, and it's being made official this week.
    I never see my friends, and I miss them like crazy.
    I never see my mom. We live 10 minutes apart, and I never just get to catch up with her.
    I'm trying to lose weight, so I try to fit in the gym/runs when I can.
    I cook from scratch, so I'm in the kitchen a lot.
    My yard is in AWFUL shape.
    Yada yada yada, I could go on! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:02 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Lol girl you are not alone! I am a SAHM but this is what I have to do (almost daily)

I spend time with DH in the morning when he is home after PT, and when he is home for lunch cos he likes me to sit with him while he relaxes

I get my 3 kids out to 2 different schools (one of which is 12 minutes away), every morning and pick them up every afternoon.

I clean my house (3 loads of dishes, 3-4 loads of laundry, picking up the living room and kitchen daily minimum)

run the errands (grocery shopping, getting what the kids need, and do all my shopping, etc)

take care of the 2 cats (they are fed twice a day, cat litter scooped every few days, changed once a week minimum)

Take the kids to soccer or other sports practices (I pick them up from school team practice at 510 and take them straight to youth center practice)

Home after practice to cook dinner and help them with homework and get them to bed!!!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:10 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Not only that, but I am also responsible for paying all the bills, budgeting, all the shopping, coupon clipping, going to kids school events, and am making handmade Christmas gifts this year. I also babysit for friends when they need, and I try to go out with DH when he asks, even if its just to the sports bar on fight night lol. Makes him feel important :) And dont get me wrong he helps out a lot when he's home, but his dad recently passed away and he's dealing with depression, plus being military he's gone a lot so I'm used to doing everything alone. And I wouldn't change it for anything. I love my hectic life lol.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:14 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• yep, hubby said the other day that he felt neglected. my youngest just told me today that she cant sleep in her room anymore she can only sleep good in my bed (she is 3) and my oldest said that i dont read to her enough, even though i try to read at least 2 books every night. all this is going on along with normal house work and taking care of the cat. i also take oldest to school and pick her up. do all the shopping, paying bills running errands. but i love my life even if i do get tired lol.
    kmjsmommy12345

Answer by kmjsmommy12345 at 2:32 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Yes. Yesterday I got the kids to school. Then I took one of my dtrs to the dentist. Then got her lunch sent her back to school. Came back did a few things round the house, picked up groceries, picked up the kids at school. Made dinner, helped a little w/homework, then dh wanted' his' too. I feel like a pc of laffy taffy being pulled. But I chose this, :)
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 6:19 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Yep
    DH Bill
    Joe
    Emily
    Hope
    Will
    Jack....5 kids...plus a SD every other weekend.
    One 8 month Golden Retriever
    I work outside the home
    Friends
    Family
    I need to be Stretch Armstrong!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:12 AM on Oct. 26, 2010