Is Cytotec worth the risks?

I have been researching Cytotec for several hours now and I have really not found any information that has lead me to believe that its "off-label use" is worth it. But I am drawn to it by the hopes that it will be most effective in inducing labor and doing it quickly. I want to know if anyone else has been induced using Cytotec and what their experience was like and if they had any serious complications/effects afterwards.

DellaF88

Asked by DellaF88 at 12:30 AM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I have never heard of that but i think that you should just let nature take its course and let the baby come out when he/she is ready. I wouldnt take the risk of anything to help induce labor. If you really are thinking about it you should consult your doctor and see what advice he can give you . Good Luck and hope this kinda help i know its not the answer you are looking for but do what you think is right for you and something that wont hurt you and the baby. If i you think that my answer is rude sorry i am not tryin to be.
    mybabe22

Answer by mybabe22 at 12:37 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I had that both times I was enduced with my boys..the first pregnancy I got induced with it at 6:30 am and didn't have him until 8:28 that night with my second pregnancy i got enduced at 11:30 am and didn't have him until 11:58 that night..and both my kids were healthy as can be KnoCK ON WOOD
    proudmom2356

Answer by proudmom2356 at 12:44 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• My hospital uses it all the time. Talk to your doctor. Ask if they use cervidil.
    jothra

Answer by jothra at 12:53 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I had it w/ my last baby. It wasnt very effective for me. They ended up switching over to picotin after I had just lame irregular contractions from it all night long.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Have you read Ina May Gaskins Guide to Childbirth? She covers this topic very well. I agree with letting the baby come when the babes ready. Why do they want to induce?
    EmbracingBirth

Answer by EmbracingBirth at 8:46 PM on Oct. 30, 2008