Is anyone out there going through

your child getting bullied? In Indiana this is happening way to much. If you are dealing with this, how are getting through it and how do we stop this. I am saden by kids killing themselfs over this. Thanks ladies, just wanted others input

Johnsonfamil670

Asked by Johnsonfamil670 at 2:15 AM on Oct. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• no im not going through that, but i am sorry that you and your children are. i hope everything gets better for you. i will bump foyou though, so maybe someone can give u some advice. hugs!
    kmjsmommy12345

Answer by kmjsmommy12345 at 2:17 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Luckily we're not there yet. I think it's such a tough issue, but I'm glad it's really been coming to light lately. It's just sad that it's taken suicides for it to happen. It's changed so much from when we were kids. There was no cyber bullying when we grew up, and it's added a whole new dimension to bullying.
    I hope you guys are able to get through this, and your kids don't have to deal with this for much longer.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:27 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• thanks ladies, its hard but we will see what happens since the school doesnt seem to want to help and its just a battle you think they would do something but thanks for the support:)
    Johnsonfamil670

Comment by Johnsonfamil670 (original poster) at 2:30 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• My son, a 6th grader, was being bullied by a 9th grader, on the bus. Luckily, the high school principal put an end to it by kicking the 9th grader off the bus and threatening legal action if there were further occurrences. I didn't even go to the middle school with the problem - I went straight to the high school - and got results. We have a zero tolerance policy for bullying and it seems to be working. Don't stop until you get justice for your child!
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 6:48 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• If the school is doing nothing and you have talked with the parents of the bully I would find another school, move or homeschool
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 11:24 AM on Oct. 29, 2010