Weird fears?

DS decided today he's terrified of the cow on Peekaboo Barn (iPhone app). He used to be terrified of the seed pods on the bushes in our front yard, but he's gotten over it.

musicpisces

Asked by musicpisces at 2:16 AM on Oct. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• My daughter is terrified of grasshoppers lol... even funnier is when our dog chases them around and tries to play with them and my daughter thanks him for scaring them away :)
    justduckie_mom

Answer by justduckie_mom at 2:23 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Lol they all go through their phases of being scared of things we would think are silly. He'll out grow it :)
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:17 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• lol, i use to be scared of alfe or alfie cant really remember the name, because i had a bad dream about him lol. maybe that is whats going on.
    kmjsmommy12345

Answer by kmjsmommy12345 at 2:21 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• i was terrified as geese when i was younger and it has slightly carried on to adulthood
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 2:23 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• he probably is dreaming about it. Mine used to dream about either things they loved, or things they hated and then they talked about it in their sleep lol. My friend's kid was terrified of this squeaky monkey toy, and if someone had it anywhere near her she would just freak out, screaming, crying, jumping up and down. Hilarious, but she was TERRIFIED! But she got over it, at least to the point where she could pick up the monkey and move it haha.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:46 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• My DD was terrified of loud noises. If a loud car drove by while we were outside she would freak.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:50 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I think it is something he will outgrow
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 11:23 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I know, it's just bizarre. It's not the sight of the cow, but when it mooes, he starts shaking and screaming and crying! Never a problem until today, and he woke up from his nap shaking and crying, and woke up after going to bed the same way, just terrified. Poor kid! Is he having nightmares about cows mooing?? It makes me laugh, because it's funny, but I hate seeing him like this. I know it's just a phase. It's just funny what kids are afraid of sometimes.
    musicpisces

Comment by musicpisces (original poster) at 2:23 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Oh yeah, he's also afraid of biplanes. Jet, liners, prop planes are all fine, but biplanes freak him out.
    musicpisces

Comment by musicpisces (original poster) at 2:51 AM on Oct. 26, 2010