How do i discipline my stepson? adult content

I do not like to spank. I can not ground cause i have a 3 yr old and he is only with us every other weekend and 2 times a week. Also cant take things from him he doesnt do anything and he has NO friends NONE..What can i do to stop his laziness and rude mouth and weird behavior? Please help me please..Much Love and God Bless

Mrs.Norris

Asked by Mrs.Norris at 2:29 AM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• If he won't listen to you, get your husband (his father) to do it. Be prepared for his son to say something like, "But I don't get to see you very often..." Prepare your husband for this remark, too. Be sure your husband is firm with him. Hopefully your husband will reply to that statement with something like, "That is all the more reason why you should respect both [enter your name here] and me while you're here. We both love you and we respect you; we ask that you respect us back. If you can show us that you are capable of respecting us, we'll all go out and do something fun together next month."

I was going through this, kind of sort of, a couple of years ago. My bonus son had similar visits with us (but only the weekends). He didn't have a lack of respect, but he'd throw fits every now and again and say that to my husband. My husband put his foot down and explained it all to him. The above is almost verbatim.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 5:57 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• how about talking to your dh isnt this his son? i would make him talk the child about his rude behavior and whats going to happen if he keeps it up......i think for step kids the bio parent needs to set down the rules with them about how they are to treat the step parent and if the rules aren't followed then the child takes the punishment....good luck
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:44 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• yo could try time out. how old is he? you could also try ignoring the bad behavior and praising the good. hope this helps. gl.
    kmjsmommy12345

Answer by kmjsmommy12345 at 3:11 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• It is time that you get DH to step in...
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 4:03 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• You MAKE his father discipline him.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:53 PM on Oct. 26, 2010