Did you see the breaking news???

Iran Set To Inject Fuel Into Core of It's First Nuclear Plant

(CNN) -- Iran will begin to load fuel into the core of its first nuclear energy plant in the southern city of Bushehr on Tuesday, the state news agency reported.

"We are to proceed with our programs on time despite pressure being exerted by the U.S. and a number of western countries by imposing sanctions on Iran," said Alaeddin Boroujerdi, head of the Iranian parliament's National Security and Foreign Policy Commission, as reported by the official Islamic Republic News Agency.

The United States and other world powers fear Iran is developing a nuclear program for military purposes. Iran has denied those allegations and says the plant will be used to generate electricity.

CONT

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 2:32 AM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• At first when I started to read this I worried a bit. But after consideration I realize. They are going to do what they are going to do. All I can do is love my family and try to enjoy my life everyday and if they use it to kill us all then at least I didn't spend my last days worrying about it. I spent my last days enjoying life. Its not like you can just run away from a nuke
    mommytobe626

Answer by mommytobe626 at 2:36 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I believe Israel will attack them soon. Then Obama will really be in a mess.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:28 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Yes I believe Iran is a threat. Achmedinnerjacket has already threatened Israel, so him getting his hands on any WMD is threatening in itself.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:43 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Don't expect Obama to do anything about it. He doesn't even have enough balls to tell the dog not to shit on the floor.

Our military, primarily the Air Force has been prepared to deal with this. We have had super bunker busting bombs for more than a yr...4 or 5 of them created just for this type of thing. A few well placed air strikes would be sufficient to end his "program." BO is too afraid to go forward though...even though it has to happen and the Saudi's are for it.

It will be a mess for another president to take up and a lot of people will end up dying because of it.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:34 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• The Bushehr plant opened in late August when engineers loaded 163 fuel rods into the reactor under the supervision of the International Atomic Energy Agency. It is expected to produce 1,000 megawatts of electricity once all the fuel rods are loaded into the core of the reactor.

The facility was originally scheduled to start operations in 2007, but the date for commissioning the plant has been postponed a number of times due to various technical, financial and political factors.

What are your thoughts? Is Iran a major threat, or just more propoganda? Trying to intimidate the other nations. or trying to build up their nuclear weapons for military purposes? I feel like they are more likely to use their nukes than North Korea, which is a bit worrisome.
    AprilDJC

Comment by AprilDJC (original poster) at 2:33 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Lol yeah I hear you on that. Seems like that's the way the world is going now, everybody developing nukes and threatening. Ya never know, so I see something, worry about it for a second, then just keep on living my life :) I'm a Christian, so I know that my family and I will all be together in the end no matter what, and I try to just live my life day to day and not worry too much. Hard for me though lol, I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder!
    AprilDJC

Comment by AprilDJC (original poster) at 2:39 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Haha yeah gotta love those anxiety disorders! I used to take medicine, but I felt like I was going through my life in a fog, so I just learned the coping techniques and learned to let it go since I can't control everything. I just thought it was interesting news, and yeah a little bit worrisome. I thought the concern was all with North Korea, shows how much I was paying attention lol.
    AprilDJC

Comment by AprilDJC (original poster) at 2:43 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• If the nutjob in Iran doesn't cool down then I hope Israel does get them.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:38 AM on Oct. 26, 2010