How do i get my husband to wake up in the morning with our daughter?

Ok My husband and I both stay home. He is on SSI and i am unemployed currently looking for a job. I wake up every morning with our daughter and when my stepson is here with him too and my husband sleeps till 11am or noon sometimes and i do not think its fair. I told him this and he has every excuse in the book how do i change this? also he trys to control what i wear like if i wear heals 2 days in a row he says why are you dressing up again? How do i get that to stop? Please HELP ME

Mrs.Norris

Asked by Mrs.Norris at 2:37 AM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• Your hubby has control issue and trust issues and that needs to be addressed and your hubby also needs to step up to plate and be a father to BOTH of these children and part of that is getting up with them and giving you a break. So have a sit down with him and tell him straight up that he needs to step up to the plate and give you a morning to sleep in. Wake his ass up and tell him to help you out then you go back to bed.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:37 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• SO he doesn't work, don't help with the kid, what does he do?
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 7:01 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Tell him it's his turn. Trade off every other day. That's what we did for a long time (DH was laid off, and I'm a student).
    Tell him you're wearing heels because you're meeting your boyfriend later. That's SO annoying when they say things like that. Say something sarcastic to throw him off, or tell him it pisses you off that he doesn't trust you. My dad used to say that kind of stuff to my mom when she would buy a new bra, and he would control her hair and clothes and tell her how ugly she was and such. She got out of there.
    DH will say things when I'm dressier than normal, and I just tell him it's the mood I'm in (men don't get that, but whatever, their issue). Or I tell him I'm meeting my boyfriend later. =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:41 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• My husband used to do that alot... still does but I am ok with it now.... mostly because we made the decision that if I had to get up with her in the morning then he would have to watch her when I went to bed early (although me going to bed usually involves me reading lol) but it works. He stays up later than I do and I am usually the one up the earliest anyhow. As for the heels thing... I am with musicpisces... I do the same thing to my husband... when he asks me why I am all dressed up... even if I am just wearing jeans and a nice shirt... i usually tell him that I am going to see my boyfriend later and he does the same thing to me when I ask him about things he wears. Its silly but it is kinda amusing too.
    justduckie_mom

Answer by justduckie_mom at 2:50 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Your husband sounds lazy and insecure. If he refuses to wake up in the middle of the night, I would turn on all the lights, make some noise, turn on the alarm clock, music, and whatnot... Sabotage his sleep girl, he deserves it! Haha

Ok, so maybe that's some bad advice, but you really need to talk to him. I would suggest taking turns. One night you get up with the baby. Next night, roll the baby in with him and you go sleep in the living room or something so that he has to tend to his little one. It's only fair.
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 4:44 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Sit down with him and have a calm conversation about how you feel.
    adelinasmommy

Answer by adelinasmommy at 4:51 AM on Oct. 26, 2010