Kids up late at night...

And out about town with parents.
When you see it, what do you think?

I used to feel badly toward the parents, for keeping the kids up,
and not having a 'schedule'. Now that we've got Ds, and Dh works
crazy changing shiftwork, I've mellowed my stance, lol.

LadyCash

Asked by LadyCash at 2:47 AM on Oct. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• I dont think anything about it now that Im a mother. I used to think what cruddy parents making their kid stay up late just so they can have a good time.. Well now I am that cruddy parent!
    Every week or so we go out to our favorite restraunt that doesnt even open til 730pm and we are there til about 10pm. our son loves the place, he likes that he gets to stay up late, and I enjoy him sleeping in the next day!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:20 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I don't normally think anything about it. There were times when my boys were young we took them out in Spain, we were out late. Because there, dinner isn't even starting til at least 9, and its a 2-3 hour affair if you are out with a group of people, so when we would go out with our friends and their kids, we were often sitting at the venta at a little table out on the patio til 11 or 12 at night enjoying fun, food, and conversation and the kids were playing with their friends. Granted, this was NOT on school nights, but yes we were out late at least 2-3 times a month and the kids just got to sleep in the next morning. But that's the culture over there lol. I'm just thinking if their kids are really young, (like not school age) and they don't look tired or fussy, then nobody should care.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:57 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• My daughter's days/nights have been mixed up for the last few months. So.... midnight is early for her! LOL
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 3:40 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• My hubby and I work crazy hours also but we work our lives around our DD she is on a very strict schedule and she is never out in about late at night we all in the house no later then 6pm and dinner on the table if we need something then ONE of us goes out and gets it i could work till 10-11 pm and my hubby maybe going to work at 10-11pm but our DD is in bed and asleep no later then 8pm it's about keeping things on track.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:33 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• the latest I have had them out was maybe 10 PM, and that is for family military parties, and things like that. But when wePCS ( military) we will be driving for 2 days sometimes, and we will stop to eat at like 11-12 before the hotel! BW my kids o to bed at 6 and 7
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:07 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I try not to keep my 6yr old out late now that he is in school but we have been out late before. Sometimes you dont have a choice in the matter.
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 11:09 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I think young kids belong at home and in bed at a decent hour.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:40 AM on Oct. 26, 2010