If I just got my wisdom tooth pulled out yesterday how long should I wait to go back and get a cleaning on my teeth and a filing on my two cavities?

I wanted the cleaning before the dentist pulled out the molar but he was stupid because he told me he wanted to do the cleaning after the removal of the molar and i thought to mysef how in the wrold will he do that if he can poke me and i'll bleed even more where he pulled out the wisdom it'll be tender there, so after he removed it, it was a bunch of bullsh*t about the cleaning he never even do it. and what sucks more is that there going to want to charge me again the next time I go.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Health

• wait until your gums fully healed. shouldn't hurt or anything when you chew food there. if you can poke at the spot and it not hurt or bleed, you're OK to get more work done.

I'm a little confused as to you being upset that you'll be charged next visit...they would have just put it all on one bill that visit if he had done it as you wanted. I don't quite see the difference in paying part now and part later for the same amount of work done.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Yeah he said it was all going to be included on that amount I already paid, that sameday, but since he forgot, who knows if thats true when I go for the cleaning.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• If he said that it would be included in the amount you paid, then it should say it somewhere on the bill. In any case, write him a letter telling him that you are disappointed that the cleaning was not done, and you would like to schedule the cleaning for a later date, when your mouth has healed from the extraction. Indicate that you expect that the cleaning visit will be without charge, since it was his error, not yours.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 12:58 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Hi there...I work in a dental office and I can't remember off the top of my head how long you should wait. I will ask today and if you will please send me a message tonight I will remember to answer you! It sounds to me like they meant clean your teeth after your extractions are done/healed. But that's just my guess b/c we do that...and why clean teeth they are going to pull is my guess. Anyway, I will find out today.....just may forget to answer this tonight...so if you want to send me a message that's great and I'll have the info for you!
    JoAnn
    tjsmomma1108

Answer by tjsmomma1108 at 6:24 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Is your face turning purple? I had all four widom teeth pulled when I was 20 and it was my only horrible experience with a dentist. I normally don't mind the dentist, had braces and everything. But this paticular oral surgeon was not good, my dad didn't like the work he did on him, but my mom made the appointment with him over a break and I went to him like a dummy and really regretted it. I hope you are doing well and can get your other work done very soon.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 8:23 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• the best answer is ask your dentist. if you don't want to use the same guy, fine, but you can still ask them how long you should wait. none of us is qualified to give you medical advice, none of us knows you or your medical history. call the office and ask them, and whether you make an appointment with them or not is up to you. but please don't expect the internet to know the answer to that b/c there are NO firm answers in medicine without knowing YOU and your history.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• The to the PP, the difference is he gets to tack on an extra office visit next time she goes since he didn't do it that time.

I would give it a couple weeks til the swelling is gone and you are healed. I guess the benefit of this is that he will be able to get the back of the teeth that were against your wisdom teeth now, and they probably need it considering how hard it is to reach back there. I would say after you're healed, there should be no reason not to get other dental work.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:57 AM on Oct. 30, 2008