what is happening to me

my last AF was August 8, 2010 until August 13, 2010. On September 28 i took $ HPT's all positive so i caled and made an appointment they couldnt see me till Octoer25. so i wait and wait. Last week i splurged o se the positive result again because its so exciting and sure enough the HPT was positive. Tday i went to my appointment and after a belly and vaginal U/S the doctor saw nothing!! He gave us no answers just basicaly a see ya and theres the door. We were so upset thinking how ould this be eal? On the way home we stopped and bought another test wet hometoo it and its positive!! WTH!!!??? why wouldnt he see anything? if im about 11 eeks there should e something there. i have heard of ectopics but they are supposed to be painful an am in no pai t all. what is going o has this haend to anyone before?

Kiwizig

Asked by Kiwizig at 3:20 AM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i think maybe you should see another doctor. im not sure what is going on, but it sounds like the dr. you did see would not even answer any questions. i hope everything works out for you. gl.
    kmjsmommy12345

Answer by kmjsmommy12345 at 3:28 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• with my ds (baby#2) i had the same exact thing happen, and since it was my second time around i knew i was prego. i had my first "real" test done at Planned Parenthood and they told me i wasn't prego and they wouldn't test me for another month. and i continued to take home tests (all postitive) until i finally got into a real OB (not planned parenthood), by that time i was around 3 months and totally showing, and what do you know, i was prego! duh! some docs are just stupid. find another doc or clinic!
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 3:32 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I would find another doctor and get a 2nd opinion. Did they do blood work?
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 4:09 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Yea like six tubes. When he said he couldnt find anything he asked when i ever took a test that said i was pregnant and i told him and he said well there is nothin there and just walked out his nurse came in and gave me a hug and said she was sorry bu other then that ? im so depressed now
    Kiwizig

Comment by Kiwizig (original poster) at 4:14 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• My friend had an empty uterus and her pregnancy hormone was showing positive when she took the test. But also you may want to get a second opinion. Docs are not always right. Especially one who was being an *ss.
    amandagrass

Answer by amandagrass at 4:50 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• i am pregnant now and had the same thing happen to me at first. you may not be as far as you are thinking. if the dr did a urine test and it came out positive he shouldve ordered bloodwork to see your hormone levels. thats what my problem was. there was a possibility of tubal pregnancy. we did a vaginal ultra sound and saw nothin but i did blood work and went back to the dr the following week and did another vaginal ultra sound andwe were able to see the baby. i'd def make sure blood work gets done and if the dr isnt willing to cooperate i would find another dr. hope it all goes well for you
    Kylie0427

Answer by Kylie0427 at 11:02 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• i agree on getting a second opinion hell even a 3rd or 4th most doctors today are idiots!
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 3:33 AM on Oct. 27, 2010