Is it just a mother's job to worry about their kids even when they reach adulthood?

19 yr old, living at home, wrecked on a 4 wheeler. Took me about 15 second to leave a friends house 3 blocks away and arrive on scene!

GroovyHippie

Asked by GroovyHippie at 3:47 AM on Oct. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• I am so sorry, I hope he is going to be alright.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:49 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Hope everything's okay! I don't think we ever stop worrying about our babies.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:50 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Yes you will always be worried about them. And drope what ever you are doing to run to their side if they need you or not. Motherhood never ends.

Answer by louise2 at 5:56 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• My mother flew from Texas to Europe when my brother did something like that and she knew he was fine... it's a mother thing your never too old to told what to do/not to do or for your mother to worry about you.
    spidermonkey81

Answer by spidermonkey81 at 5:57 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Its a mom thing. Dad thing too. Hope your son is ok.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 6:27 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I can't imagine a time my son will ever outgrow me worrying about him. And to be honest, I am 33, and pregnant. And my Mom has already said when it gets close to time for me to deliver, we might as well make room, she is coming to the house until I am back on my feet. : ). So, I don't think it is something parents ever outgrow!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 7:23 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I think that is with every parent. Just because they grow up, doesn't mean we stop worrying about them any less and stop parenting. Hope your son/daughter is OK.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:09 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Being a mom doesn't stop until the day you die. My oldest is 24 and he is still one of my babies!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:39 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I hope he/she is ok
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 5:29 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Well after a ride in the ambulance and a few hours at the ER, the put 2 stitches in her knee and 2 in her arm. I really thought her nose was broke but the Doc said it wasn't. She has a gash on the inside of her lip, lots of road rash on her legs and the tips of her toes ( she was not wearing shoes). She walked, well hobbled, out of the ER on her own two feet. This morning though, she can't put pressure on her ankle, our friend is a nurse and was here a little bit ago, she thinks it might have a small fracture. I am taking her to our regular Doc in the morning...

Thanks for all the concern and well wishes!
    GroovyHippie

Comment by GroovyHippie (original poster) at 12:25 AM on Oct. 27, 2010