Best friend or husband?

Would you tell your best friend something bad her husband did if your own husband told you first and asked that you not tell?

The two guys are friends and work together btw.

How bad would the info need to be before you felt guilty for not telling?

How about in these cases:
best friend or husband?
1. Husband says "Steve went to the strip club with us last night. His wife would be pissed if she found out! Don't tell her."
2. Husband says "Steve was looking at pictures of an ex and said 'if only things turned out differently'. He is going home to visit w/o his wife and she lives close. Don't tell her."

adelinasmommy

Asked by adelinasmommy at 4:33 AM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• Id tell her and tell my husband I'm gonna tell her. Shes my friend and if it were me I'd want to know in both situations.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 4:39 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• In cases where my friend is the direct target of disrespect, I would feel obligated to confess to her the truth. In the long run, my husband would understand. I'd rather be a true friend to an honest person then on the side of someone who betrays the person he cares about most. That's just me.
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 4:39 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I think that in the case of the strip club I wouldn't say anything but the looking up the ex and going home were she is at I would say something to my friend. If my husband got mad I would just say "If the roles were reversed I would expect the same thing".
    amandagrass

Answer by amandagrass at 4:45 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Just be careful, because some people are quick to shoot the messenger, ya know? But I agree, she needs to know, especially the second scenario. The first is more of a trust issue (they're both trust issues, but a strip club is less harmful than the ex thing, IMO). Sit her down and tell her, just say, "If it were me, I'd want to know, and I thought you should know."
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:05 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• My hubby knows better to even say anything to me cause i am a faithful friend and I myself know what it is like to be betrayed and my hubby would just keep his mouth shut cause i would say something about #2. #1 a lot of men go to the strip club and there wives get pissed and bitch them out, most wives get over that but going back home and seeing an ex that you wish things turned out different that is different.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 5:10 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I agree that #2 is worse for sure
    adelinasmommy

Comment by adelinasmommy (original poster) at 5:12 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I would not say anything. I do not think itis my place to ruin their relationship on heresay stuff my DH says he did. I have no real proof he did thoughs things.

Answer by louise2 at 5:51 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I would honor the fact that my husband asked me not to say anything. My first loyalty is to him.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:09 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I would say "all this is none of my business" then i'd let it roll off my back & go on with my day....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:42 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• If my husband asked me not to tell, I wouldn't. But you can bet the next time I saw this friend, I'd be telling him what a d-bag he is for going behind his wife's back. And I wouldn't be too keen on my hubby hanging out with him....
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 12:14 PM on Oct. 26, 2010