Is it wrong

Do you think it is wrong to convert to a religion even if you do not believe every single thing it teaches? The reason you want to convert is because you believe in its basic teachings and practices, but there are a few little details or even one major thing you don’t agree with 100%. Like if you wanted to be Catholic, but still planned to take you BC pills. Or if you wanted to be Muslim, but didn’t intend to wear a hijab an you still planned to have a glass of wine every few months, or if you wanted to be a Christian of any denomination (or even Muslim for that matter) but don’t believe in hell? Would it be wrong to convert anyway, because the other beliefs and practices bring you peace?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:49 AM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• No I don't think it's wrong. You should believe in the core teaching, but people are individuals and it's vertually impossible to agree with everything all the time. You have to use your own judgment and desecrationwhen it comes to somethings.  Within any religion there are different beliefs among the members but the core principles should be something you believe in.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:50 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• In this case, regardless the situation, should be between you and your Deity. If you sincerely feel led to convert. Then convert and it should not matter if it were wrong or not.

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 4:57 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I think it would be very hard to find a religion that you agreed with 100%. As a previous poster said, it's between you and God.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 6:30 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I think it would be wrong. You got to be 100% about dedicating your life to something.
    adelinasmommy

Answer by adelinasmommy at 4:53 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• yeah and a waste of everyone's time.

if your doing it to pay lip service and keep the peace, thats a rough, yet understandable, situation to be in and I feel for ya. I had to do that as a kid and to this day that church still considers me a member even though I've had nothing to do with em ever in my adult life.

All I can say is regardless of what you do, you know inside what you are and so does whatever you believe in. God (or whoever) knows, You know and thats all that really matter. He knows your just doing this to make others happy and that may well be rewarded.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:14 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Well in the case of Islam it would be better for you to convert and worship Allah even if you do not follow everything. Hijab is a minor issue and many Muslim women do not cover at all. However, comitting acts that are known to be sinful would be bad for you in the long run and will be things that you would have to answer for eventully. All in all it would be better to convert though. Whether you follow all the rules or not will be between you and God and only he knows what will be forgiven and what will not.
    -Cassandra-

Answer by -Cassandra- at 7:20 AM on Oct. 26, 2010