Race

Why is it that there are Black mommies and AA mommies groups here on CM and CM itself even runs a Mamas Latinas group, but if someone were to start a white mommies group it would be taken down and considered racist?
I have no desire to start a whites only group, but I am curious as to why others are allowed to create race specific groups (this goes for magazines and TV channels too) and no one thinks anything of it, but if someone tried to make a white specific thing they would be racist?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:56 AM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• IDK. I guess maybe for some it's a cultural thing, although two people could have dark skin and their culture could be nothing alike. I am white and I wouldn't want to be part of a bigoted group where the main criteria is skin color. I don't consider skin color when talking to another person IRL, why would it matter online?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:48 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• This question has already been asked before, but in a slightly different way. There are a lot of magazines, tv shows, and other things that are geared towards white people only. What about The Bachelor and Bachelorettes shows, why hasn't a person of color ever been a bachelor, or bachelorette? If a black person is on the show I've noticed that they are quickly eliminated, and that goes for most shows that I've seen in the past. I buy a lot of magazines about health and nutrition and I see many magazines for white people, and I see some for other races as well, and it doesn't bother me at all. We have the right to have our own things just like everyone else without it being assumed that we are intentionally leaving out white people.

Seriously why is this even a issue? I do agree that the past needs to be left behind, however, black people continue to be treated unfair in this country regardless of anyone says about it.
    browneyes27

Answer by browneyes27 at 6:28 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Whites also get mistreated and refused work due to Affirmative Action Laws. They are told flat out, you cannot have the job because you are white and we need more minorities by law. Thats racial discrimination in my book.

Bullish

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:57 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• a black US President, a Latina Chief Justice.... could list many more high ranking minorities. When you make President of the United States and have received the Nobel Peace Prize, what more is there to accomplish?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:46 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:48 AM on Oct. 26, 2010