What is the coolest toy for a 17 month old?

Thinking of an idea for this christmas to keep my baby girl busy and happy

sockmonkey

Asked by sockmonkey at 12:42 AM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I got mine some girly colored mega blocks legos :) she is always stealing her brothers so I got her some girly ones. The big bag of them at walmart was like $15-$20. They're the really big, safe for that age legos.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 12:44 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• boy or girl?
    NURSE_MOM_OF_2

Answer by NURSE_MOM_OF_2 at 12:44 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• she said baby girl :) nurse mom
    flutterfae

• well, what we've decided to get (my son is 19 months) big legos (i know i can't believe i forgot about them until now!) and, have you seen that commercial with the kid bouncing and spinning on that zebra or horse thing? it's attached to the tv, so he bounces and interacts with the tv. it's at wal-mart for $60. i was looking at that the other day, and i noticed that they have a different one that does the same thing, only it doesn't attach to the tv, it just plays music, and it's only $40. so we're going to get that one (money is tight) that is the "big" toy he gets, other than that, it's gonna be small toys/books/ and clothes. like i said, money is tight.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:46 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• http://www.target.com/Baby-Gymtastics-Bounce-Spin-Zebra/dp/B000EULX9I/qid=1225341989/ref=br_1_4/177-9907468-2430907?ie=UTF8&node=240653011&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1

an amazing gift!!!! my cousin loves hers!!!
    wisteriastars

Answer by wisteriastars at 12:47 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• armywife- I swear you are thinking of the same toys as me! I couldn't make up my mind between the 2 bouncy horse things either! I haven't gotten either yet though LOL

flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 12:47 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Fisher Price just came out with a cool new toddler proof, portable DVD player. They can throw it against the wall and down the stairs and it still works!

I'm getting mine early because I know they'll be impossible to get at Christmas.
    Sharon7772

Answer by Sharon7772 at 12:47 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Answered at 11:47 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 by: Sharon7772
    Fisher Price just came out with a cool new toddler proof, portable DVD player. They can throw it against the wall and down the stairs and it still works!

i thought about getting that...until i saw the price...lol. that's something i'll save up until next year probly...i might consider it for his birthday. it would be great for when we go on trips in the car. although, he loves to get ahold of my camera...so the camera and the dvd one is a toss up right now.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:53 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Thanks mom's I am going to look into each of your suggestions... money is tight this year.. but i don't want my babies to feel the economy :-) It's our problem not theirs... so your suggestions will help more than you know.
    sockmonkey

Answer by sockmonkey at 1:31 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Honestly at that age the best toy to them is gonna be...the box the toy came in. Though at that age I go for the educational toys.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 2:47 AM on Oct. 30, 2008