Soul mates

Do you believe in soul mates? I have heard several different ideas of what soul mates even are, so if you do believe in soul mates, what is your specific belief of what soul mates are; are they two parts of the same soul, can it be any relationship or just romantic, etc.

Amlinich

Asked by Amlinich at 6:14 AM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I always disliked that term, personally.

The people that used it (towards me) were always these poor desperate, insecure souls that were always so needy and clutchy and gave no breathing room. I associate that term with those few bad experiences, sadly.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:21 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• No, I don't think there is just one right person for us.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:45 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Yes I believe in soul mates, no I do not specifically think they are just "romantic", and I don't think they are one soul split. I think a soul mate is a soul that you connect to deeply. I also believe in reincarnation and believe that a soul mate is another soul, where the connection is so deep that yes you do share the next life, and the next life and so on together. It could be as best friends one life, family the next and another time lovers.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 8:44 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Yes and I have found mine yet again.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:52 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I do not but oh how romantic.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 10:09 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I don't believe in it.I think it's a really sweet sentiment though.I always smile when I hear someone saying that they found their soul mate,and I don't rub it in if they end up breaking up or divorcing.I just think to myself,so much for soul mates!
    But who knows?There could be something to it.Can't totally discount it.Anything is possible!
    GingerKitten

Answer by GingerKitten at 10:31 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I believe our souls/energies "hang out" in the same circles through every life we live. So in a sense, yes, I believe in soulmates because I believe in that never ending connection but I dont necessarily believe in the one to one type of meaning.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:00 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I believe in soul ties.
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 11:18 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I have been fortunate enough to have found mine. I feel that a soulmate can be a life-long friend OR a lover. The one I married is both. It is simply a connection that goes beyond just friendship. Or even sex.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:20 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I believe we have many. I believe souls travel together in packs from incarnation to incarnation. They may re-manifest themselves as parents, sons and daughters, friends, romantic partners, etc.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:28 AM on Oct. 26, 2010