Whats good for dry skin?

My husband has Psoriasis. He isn't able to take the required meds coz they could kill him. My insurance isn't paid up and its winter. So now would not be a good time to loose him! Seriously, I feel bad for him. It is all over his body. Some patches are as long as 8 by 12 inches. At night, when he's trying to sleep is when it hits the hardest. His back itches him like crazy. I've put Vaseline, olive oil, and moisturisers on him. Its not from dariy or wheat or a lot of meats. We've been praying... now we need some ideas to go with those prayers. Do you have any suggestions for relief for him?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 6:30 AM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Health

• Try Emu Oil, it works wonders. You can get it in any health food store
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 6:42 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Soak in Jordan Essentials Dead Sea Salts. The salts are blended with natural plant oils to help heal damaged skin. Dead Sea Salts are considered to be the most therapeutic in the world containing over 20 naturally occurring minerals. After bath, apply Jordan Essentials Shea Body Butter. Both are available in Unscented & Dye Free.

motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:28 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• coconut oil works well.
    tanya_marieh

Answer by tanya_marieh at 7:42 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I have horrible exczema and what has worked best for me has been goat milk lotion. I buy the regular unscented bottle. I call it my miracle cream and have turned several others on to it that are very pleased.

I hear emu oil is also wonderful.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 8:47 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Added to those already listed is olive oil is very helpful.
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 1:31 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Aquaphor is the best!
    jshimmy

Answer by jshimmy at 4:46 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I highly recommend Renew Lotion - it is clinically proven to heal and protect even the driest skin associated with chronic skin conditions such as Eczema, Rosacea, Psoriasis and Diabetes - even after 14 days of steady use, Eucerin (the brand most doctors recommend and Renew's strongest competitor) didn't improve severely dry skin as well as Renew. Take the Renew Challenge - if after using Renew for 60 days you are not completely satisfied - simply return the used bottle for a full refund! You have absolutely nothing to loose, except dry, uncomfortable skin! Please contact me through my Cafemom e-mail for more information.
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 6:02 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• My husband tried Renew Lotion through another distributor and it didn't help him. Its only gotten worse. I'm sure it works for some, just not for what he has. I appreciate the offer and help. As far as the rest, He's tried the Olive Oil and right now he's trying the Shea Body Butter. Here it only comes in a little stick tube. Not much for what he needs. We'll go down the list. Appreciate all your advise and thanks for the information!

Prayerpartner

Comment by Prayerpartner (original poster) at 3:09 AM on Oct. 27, 2010