What do I do?

My niece has a 3 year girl,she is bad I mean bad she yells,and hits kicks her mom.I don't like my girl to hang out with her.My dd is 21 months.every time she goes over or they come over she is so mean to my girl.They want us all to go trick or treating with them,I just know it is going to be bad.This is my girls first time trick or treating and I want her to have fun.Am I bad for not wanting her to go with us?

bucky77

Asked by bucky77 at 6:36 AM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It is not wrong for you to not want her to join you. Make this the special Halloween you want it to be. When that little girl visits in your home you can direct her and calmly and gently explain your rules to her, etc. You and the other mom can sit with the kids while they play so they can be closely supervised and everyone can have a nice time. She can be shown how to share and be nice. It is such a shame for her to be disliked because she does not have the right direction at home.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:56 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• No you are not bad. If they cannot discipline their child, then you don't have to put up with bad behaviour. Just tell them that you don't want your DD to start acting like that.

On a side note, all toddlers go thru this phase. Most learn quickly that it's not ok to act out like this but some don't get that.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:44 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I don't think you are bad for not wanting to go. Just tell her the truth. It may hurt but the girl will be going to preschool soon and it is better to try to curb that behavior now then when she goes to school and gets suspended.
    amandagrass

Answer by amandagrass at 8:26 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• yeah she has been kicked out of day care.I told her mom schools will kick her out is you don't get her under control. They just let her get away with everything.She knows if she screams loud enuf she know they will give in.When I have her with them not there she is ok. It just when her parents are around.
    bucky77

Comment by bucky77 (original poster) at 9:52 PM on Oct. 26, 2010