Where did all my hair go?

I use to have long thick hair. Now its just long! LOL Its thin on top. Anything I can do for it? I don't use hair sprays or perms. I do color about every 3 monts. Is there a special shampoo or somehting else I can use?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 6:37 AM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Health

• Try taking Hair, Skin & Nails vitamins.
    There is also an herb called horsetail that can be helpful too.
    Good luck!!
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 8:27 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• get your thyroid checked
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:17 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Going from other posts I've seen of yours - you're overweight and wheelchair-bound, right? Just being overweight can affect your hair. I'm also overweight and have thin hair. Poor nutrition (even having special meals made by a nutritionist can be not the best, or not give you enough of what you need) is a possible factor. Are you taking a good multi-vitamin every day? That would be step one. The next would be to make sure you're getting plenty of protein - hair is protein, and if you're not getting enough, that affects your hair growth. Age is another factor, as is genetics - if your mom or dad had thin hair, you're pretty much destined to also. All the shampoos & stuff out there are overpriced gimmicks - you've said in prior posts that extra money just isn't there - don't waste money you don't have on those gimmicks. You're on a number of meds too right? That can really play into it too. HTH a bit.
    Anonymous

• Get your thyroid checked, take vitamins and use TRESemme'

zbee

Answer by zbee at 1:25 PM on Oct. 26, 2010