How do you get rid of ticks?

For the past week we've had ticks in the house and on our dogs. We've had the bug guy out to spray the yard and house and we treated the dogs. I'm sooo grossed out! HELP!!

MAUREEN55

Asked by MAUREEN55 at 9:19 PM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Home & Garden

• I work in a vet clinic.You need to go to your local vet and ask them if they have a collar called preventic for ticks. It works great in conjunction with frontline or advantage. There is also a new flea product called comfortis it is actually pill form it kills fleas within 30 mins and works for a month. The dog needs to eat a full meal before given the pill because it may cause vomiting. Also when you pull the ticks off you need to get the whole thing. If you pull and pinch the skin and pull with tweazers that works. They also have tick aides at some pet stores where the tool looks like a small spoon with a slit. What you do is you actually get the tick in between it and the tick falls into like youre scooping . It is still alive so put in an appropriate area.
    GoldieLocks18

Answer by GoldieLocks18 at 10:39 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• How to Get Rid of Ticks
    15 Tips have been posted for “How to Get Rid of Ticks”. Tips #1 to #10 currently being displayed. Previous Tips ». dolly Says:. June 18th, 2008 at 10:02 am ...
    www.howtogetridofstuff.com/pest-control/how-to-get-rid-of-ticks
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:21 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• What did you treat your dogs with? Maybe you need something stronger. I'd call the vet for a recommendation!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:21 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Is that pill for ticks and fleas or just fleas? We already have the collars. I put them on last night and they seem to be working. I'm worried about ticks being in the house. The exterminator told us what the eggs look like and we found some last night. My husband and I crawled round on our hands and knees cleaning the carpet near the base baords with masking tape to get up any eggs.
    Thanks for the info!
    MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 6:21 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I think it is called Advantage...and you can only get it at your local vet. It is very expensive, but really works. You only have to apply it once a month. My cats had flea dermititis, and after a few monthly treatments, I only treat them about once every six months now. Don't use the cheap stuff you can get at Walmart and other places....please go to your vet for the best! The other stuff can actually be hazardous to your pets sometimes.
    mapleleafwoman

Answer by mapleleafwoman at 7:59 AM on Jul. 5, 2008