verizon?

so my hubby and i have verizon and have had it for like 3-4 years now. we pay about 150 a month which isn't bad .. BUT what's bad is what we actually get for what we pay. we SHARE 700 minutes and have unlimited messaging and only ONE phone has internet. that's a bit ridiculous. do you have verizon? know of any cheaper plans? i used to work for tmobile .. they have really good plans .. and if a customer were to say that they were going to cancel, then we were able to offer them alternative plans to get them to stay .. i wonder if verizon offers anything like that. the only 2 companies that pick up at our house are Verizon and AT&T. help? lol

sgt.youngs.wife

Asked by sgt.youngs.wife at 7:37 AM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Shopping

• it can't hurt to try
    angie3897

Answer by angie3897 at 7:46 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Yeah call verizon and ask if they have any better plans. they will switch them if they have any better one. but verizon doesnt care if you tell them your going to cancel.... i tried that with them when i had them and they were like 'ok' really ticked me off. I have ATT now and I pay the same as i did with verizon and not as much headache. I have two iphones.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 7:49 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I have tmobile but we were thinking about switching to verizon since they have a better service area around here until I saw their prices. My tmobile with "roam" with at&t at no extra charge...maybe you could look into that if you wanted to go back to tmobile.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 8:05 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• sorry that should say my tmobile phone *will* roam with at&t
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 8:06 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I had Verizon for years. We had a family share plan, two phones, 3000 minutes, unlimited messaging, no roaming fees, no internet, and we were paying $200 a month, give or take. I am now on AT&T, with two iPhones, 700 anytime minutes, the internet fees for both phones, unlimited messaging, and we are paying almost $200 a month.

Other than that, I can't help with any other info. I've only ever used Verizon and AT&T.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 8:21 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• me and my husband both have verizon and we have 700 mintues plan but we pay about 100.00 a month for unlimted text, pic, voice messaging and talk too but we don't have internet but somem phone with verizon that have internet you have to pay a 10.00 data charge now for internet.

LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 10:14 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Verizon has a thing called "Straight Talk" .. I think it's by Verizon .. That's what the lady told us anyway .. BUT it's like you buy a $45 card every month and it has unlimited EVERYTHING!!!!
    BShip2010

Answer by BShip2010 at 11:41 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• yes! i saw that! its sold by walmart, but the go off of verizon PREPAID towers. know anybody that has has straight talk?
    sgt.youngs.wife

Comment by sgt.youngs.wife (original poster) at 11:49 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I have Verizon and I love it. I also get a discount thru my employer. Are you able to get an employee discount? If not you may what to see if you can get a new plan. I had the 700 shared previously and I did not pay $150. You might want to see if you are being charged for any extras on the bill...like going over your minutes, text messages, 411 charges, etc. You may be able to add a $5 or $10 add on that would save you some money.
    jforeman12

Answer by jforeman12 at 9:50 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• i have verizon and so does my soon to be hubby and we are play 130 for 2 phones that are enV touch and we have web and unlimted text and 700 mins
    emm213

Answer by emm213 at 12:22 AM on Nov. 11, 2010