Have you seen this yet? Thoughts?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_kentucky_senate_scuffle

jewjewbee

Asked by jewjewbee at 7:56 AM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Interesting that the first part of the video isn't shown. Just when they wrestled her to the ground. I would have to think with as crazy as some people are getting around election time his supporters might have thought that she had a weapon. The wig didn't help much either. I think my jury is out until I see the first part of that scuffle.

*I will say though that it looked more like his foot slipped off of her shoulder and he accidentally stepped on her head, although she was submitting and I don't know why he felt the need to step on her at all.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:02 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I agree with you Quinn..i'd like to see what was happening prior..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:45 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Lauren Valle of liberal group MoveOn.org, told Louisville station WDRB she was trying to give Paul a fake award when his supporters took her to the ground.
    Television footage shows Valle's blonde wig being pulled off before she's pinned to the ground.
    A man then puts his foot down on her head. Valle said the incident left her with "a bit of a headache."

I think I was clear that I don't think this required anyone stepping on her, but considering the ugly nature of this campaign cycle, the people there might have though that she had a weapon and was dangerous.  She was wearing a wig which some may have seen as a disguise.  I wasn't there and it doesn't show the first part, so it's all speculation.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:35 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Its really embarrassing that there always seems to be a fool or two in a crowd of peaceful supporters. Its unfortunate that the loser who actually put his foot on that woman succeeded in turning the rally into a media frenzy. This is also a shame b/c it adds fuel to the fire, created by opponents, to use as propaganda in an attempt to sway votes. Great job dummy! Assault is assault, and that man should be arrested. I wish that % of ignorant people would just go to the other side (politically).
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 10:19 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_kentucky_senate_scuffle

Gettin pretty bad out there ladies, people are pissed and just not taking any crap anymore from anyone.

jewjewbee

Comment by jewjewbee (original poster) at 7:57 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Oy. This  saddens me to know grown people are acting this way. These people are not examples for our children and their future.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:00 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Supporters of Republican U.S. Senate candidate Rand Paul wrestled a woman to the ground and one stepped on her head after she tried to confront the candidate in Kentucky.
    jewjewbee

Comment by jewjewbee (original poster) at 9:22 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• What happened to free speech?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:22 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• MoveOn is a well known liberal group. CNN said a woman named Lauren Valle of Falmouth, Mass., was arrested in May with Greenpeace activists in Louisiana for painting anti-Arctic-drilling signs on a ship Interior Secretary Ken Salazar was about to board.

jewjewbee

Comment by jewjewbee (original poster) at 12:36 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• A volunteer with Rand Paul's Senate campaign has admitted to placing his shoe firmly on the face of a MoveOn.org volunteer outside a Senate debate on Monday night, but insisted that the camera angle of the footage that captured the alteration made the scuffle look worse than it was.

Call Lexington Police, demand his arrest...859-258-3600
    or the FBI: 859-254-4038

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 4:17 PM on Oct. 26, 2010